Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mardie Tobler

Becca asked the new members to introduce themselves. I am mother of 5 (including Liz), mother-in-law of 4 (including Teriney), grandmother of 9 with more coming this year! I love to garden and I love to quilt and piece. (I am much better at piecing than getting the quilting done!) Anyway, I was a 12Squared "stalker" last year. I found the things that your group did so inspiring. I made almost all of your squares. (Stalker...) So, I am delighted to be part of your group and can't wait to get started.

I thought I would send a picture of what I chose for TradingPieces to do for me. It is a "Scrappy Star". I love it. But without sashing between the squares, it has been a chore to make them uniform enough to sew together. I am working on getting it done this week.



I also loved Becca's rainbow quilt so much I made one of my own! It is on our guest bed. Out with the shabby chic, in with a rainbow of color!

Mardie

4 comments:

  1. Mardie, Love you Rainbow quilt! I just need to get mine quilted... So glad you are in the group this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to have you join us this year! Even though you are a stalker! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stalkers aren't always bad...especially if you're Mardie.

    ReplyDelete