Monday, January 2, 2012

It's a New Year!



12Sqaured 2012!

I loved all the creative goodness the group came up with last year and I learned so much about quilting that I can't wait to see what this year brings.  This time around, we've got some old and new sewsters pursuing quilting awesomeness and I can't wait to get started.  First the nitty gritty business-- getting that out of the way first and then on to the fun stuff...

First off, a reminder to those who have unfinished squares from last year to get them done a.s.a.p. so we can start off with a clean slate!  
Second, a quick recap of the group's New Year's resolutions:
1. Be specific in your instructions and style choices when it's your turn to chose the block.
2. The Golden Rule!  Sew each square the way you'd want everyone to sew squares for you.  That may mean purchasing fabric that is in line with the receiver's style, asking questions, and taking care when constructing.
3. Be on time.  To be fair to the other members, try your best to get your squares sent off by the end of the month.
4. More blog posts!  One of the best parts of this blog is seeing what everyone comes up with!  There can never be too many comments!

Did I miss any?  

Now on to the fun stuff...  This year's group is comprised of six members from last year and six new.  Not everyone knows each other, so I was thinking how great it would be if everyone could make a brief post introducing themselves and their particular style--  Maybe a couple of swatches of your current fabric faves or a link to a quilt or two that you particularly love.  

I will be sending out an email to you all very soon with the schedule and an address list for your records.  To kick off the year, Emily will be doing our January quilt, so look for her tutorial very soon!

xo
becca

7 comments:

  1. So glad to be a part of your quilting bee! Can't wait to see the first square we'll be working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll get to work on a new header soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. i am the zombie quilter on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have just posted my photo of the day to 12 squared. Oops! Sorry if it shows up on your Google reader! I am way excited too. Let the quilting begin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get started! Woo Hoo! I am a 12Squared grandma! Cool.

    ReplyDelete