Emily sent me additional fabric after I mis-cut a piece (thank you, Emily!). Since more fabric was on its way I figured I should make two figuring I need more practice at reading directions. :) I love this design!
It won't be long until I am ready to topstitch but I don't know what to do. Could you please share as many ideas as you can come up with? I am not sure whether to avoid topstitching in the polaroids or avoid them.
Emily- please share your polaroid quilt. I saw the top and it was amazing. I'd like to see how you topstitched it. :)
Thanks again to everyone who sent me fussy cuts. I love them.
No, I haven't finished the block for Emily yet. I mean, it's still way too early in the month for that. :) But I did take a few photos of some things I made for, and during Christmas.
The first one is a little tree skirt for my youngest daughter's mini tree in her room. She chose the fabric from my stash, and then I got to work.
I used my Dresden template and quilted it with a simple swirl pattern.
I am really happy with how it turned out, and it gave me the courage to try an even bigger one for our tree. But I didn't buy enough seam binding to go all the way around, so that was set aside for a bit.
I also made a fabric Christmas tree, including decorations. Good thing, too, since we didn't get our real tree until the week of Christmas. This way, the kids still had a spot to put their presents they made at school.
After Christmas I needed to make a quilt and pillow for Alexandra's new doll, Molly, and her new bed. Fortunately, I had a fat quarter of material that already looked like it was pieced together. So then I just added batting and Minky for the back, and quilted it with a simple cross-hatch pattern, following what was already printed on the material. She is very pleased. And it coordinates perfectly with the quilt and pillow we made earlier for Emily.
That was the best fat quarter bundle I ever purchased. :)
Naturally I also found some time to quilt for me. I sewed a few more heart blocks and then assembled them into a quilt top.
But I decided at the last minute to add a tiny black and white border, and naturally I ran out of the right black. So while that is being sent through the post, I used the odd blocks to make a small wall hanging for my friend.
Hmm, don't know how to flip that around, Oh well. I am really pleased with how it turned out, and can't wait to get the big one finished the same way!
And just for fun, I took some photos of these adorable Santa's my former neighbor made for us one year. There are actually 7, one for each of us, but the kids have hidden them all over the house, and these are the only ones I could round up for a photoshoot.
They are seriously so cute! And they are just big enough to hide a mandarin orange and a few nuts. I love them, and am now on a hunt to find the pattern so I can make more.
It looks like it's sort of a log cabin square, but not quite. Unfortunately she moved away so I can't just ask her. If I ever find it, it may turn into my block of the month. :)
I have embarrassingly had one of these finished for a bit and just finally finished the other and took pics but they are signed, sealed and in the mail!! I hope you enjoy them and I am sorry that they are so tardy!!
I did do a bit of sewing over Christmas. I may or may not have assisted Santa in refurbishing these American girl doll trundles that were handed down to us and just needed new pillows and quilts. My girls LOVE them and are constantly having sleepovers now!
My goal for tonight is to finally put beccas triangles in an envelope with a stamp because it's time to face it that the "I'll give them to her the next time I see her" plan is really failing miserably!! So sorry!