Sunday, January 16, 2011

(sew) inspired I can taste it

Since starting this little group I'm dreaming mostly of fabric, shapes, measurements and design, charm packs, layer cakes and jelly rolls. Oh MY! I'm so excited to finally enter the world of quilting...and now it has taken over my life!
(the little bit of life that I have outside of my other all-consuming life)
I love surfing the blogs, flickr groups, etsy and ebay for great deals on cut fabric sets.

My oldest happens to be turning 9 (wah!) at the end of the month. I see it fitting to experiment on him, seeing as though he is always the subject of parental experiments. He will be the first recipient. I'm starting on the Zig Zag quilt endeavor. I'm going to use as much as I can of my own fabric, but I'll need a few more colors- and at least 2 1/2 yards of white. I'm following a few different tutorials, but here is the main one:
http://aquiltisnice.blogspot.com/2008/09/zig-zag-quilt-kit-tutorial.html
fingers crossed it will look something like this
(photo from cluck cluck sew)
(i'm replacing yellow with brown, i think)

Another site that I recently discovered, and have really come to love is
wise craft
and I haven't been able to get enough of cluck cluck sew, the one Liz recommended yesterday.
I'm off to cut more 7.5" squares. I need 143 total....daunting, but an exciting daunting, ya know?

3 comments:

  1. love, love, love. can't wait to see your finished creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous quilt. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete