Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Catching Up and June's Block

Here's Amy's cute heart block, only two months late.  Seriously, Amy, you did so much prep work, I feel almost guilty about how little you gave us to do!  And here's where I embarrassingly admit to losing one of the pieces she so thoughtfully prepared.  I have no idea what happened to it, but since my sewing room is in my laundry room, I'm guessing it's with all the left socks.  Luckily, it was the bottom left piece, which should be easy to take out, if you're not crazy about my substituted red swirly fabric.

And here's Cindy's Thanksgiving block.  You know when you're laying out fabric and thinking about what patterns and colors will look good together and you think you've come across a good combination and then you get whole thing put together and it's not what you were picturing.  Yeah.  That may have happened here.  I think my brown is too dark and my anchors are too summery.  And I think I had the wrong kind of needle in my machine and it kept bunching up at the thick bits.  Sorry, Cindy.  I really like this pattern, though and was hoping to knock it out of the park.  I totally wouldn't mind doing another one, if you want me to!

My pick for June is going to be a 60 Degree Triangle Quilt.  I am going to send out fabric and a template this week, but I'd love it if you could mix in a few fabric choices of your own.  Color and pattern inspiration are from Bonnie and Camille's April Showers line.  There is a good tutorial on Sew Fresh Quilts.  There are two  parts, so it's pretty thorough.
Look for more specifics in the mail.  Thanks ladies!!

2 comments:

  1. the substituted red looks great! I am sorry you were stressing over it, it is so not a big deal at all!!! And that reminds me, I need to finish May's block.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. And guess what in found tonight after moving my cutting mat and sewing machine to another room.... The missing piece! :)

    ReplyDelete