Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Won't you join me??

In a mad attempt to quilt as much as possible this year, I've taken on a couple of projects that seem like a lot of fun. I thought I would share!

First, I caught wind of this little quilt-a-long. I fell in love with the idea of the rainbow, but also, thought it would be a great project to work on with my babes. I will "assign" each of my kids a few colors and we will piece them together. It'll be like an abstract puzzle, of sorts. I feel pretty sure it will be something they'll enjoy doing...then I will be able to wrap myself up in the craftiness of all my children. Here is a link to learn more:
Second, as part of this Bottled Rainbow project, SewSara is hosting a scrap exchange. (of course you can do the exchange even if you don't do the quilt-a-long, but you should really do both...to keep me company) Here is the link with more info:
I ordered the Kona solids from a seller on Etsy, and plan to start next Monday! Let me know if you'd like more info:)

5 comments:

  1. I think you should slap a button on our blog! what a fun idea! not sure I'm ambitious enough for this one-my current project list is too long, but it looks like one you can slowly work on!

    love the scrap idea-i'll have to see if i have an envelope's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm in-it's to fun of an idea to see what someone could send me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. joined the scrap swap... what are the odds that we'll get each other? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay Kristin, you might have to take away my privileges! teriney and becca couldn't find the sewsara link so i changed the link and visited link colors to red. but it changed a lot more than i thought it would, so if you hate it, change it back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it was necessary...and looks great!

    ReplyDelete