Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Amy's Modern Log Cabin

cut 2 blocks 4X3.5 inches

Sew together and iron
cut 1 block 7.5X3.5
Sew on top of the 2 blocks
Cut 1 block 6.5X3.5

Sew on the side.
Cut 2 strips 10.5X2.5
Sew on the top and bottom
Cut 2 strips 10X1.5 (doesn't have to be the same fabric)
Sew on the sides
Cut 2 strips 12X1.5 (doesn't have to be the same fabric)
Sew on the top and bottom.
You're done! I know I made this very simple, but those are the kind of instructions I usually need...simple.

The square will be 12X12
If you haven't already, you should be getting a scrap of the floral fabric. Put it in there anywhere, as much or little as you would like. Pull your other fabric colors from the floral.

I'm looking forward to having a quilt to lay over my (hopefully new) couch when we move.
THANKS GIRLS!!

4 comments:

  1. Wait. So I just read this and saw that it says it's supposed to be a 12.5 square but the last 2 strips are only 12" long? Mine is a 12" square. Did I read something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't wory Em, My mistake! I will fix it when it arrives. When I first made it, it the hight was only 12 inches, so I just measured the last 2 strips 12 inches instead of 12.5. SO really it will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I love the floral fabric. In fact, I redid my dining room chairs in this same fabric last year. Isn't it such a happy print?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The large floral fabric with the black dots caught my attention. Love that fabric. I made a handbag from it. Come on over to kiki-itssewkiki.blogsppot and you can see it. It's under the post "Past Projects." Love your blog and am now a follower...consider following me too!

    Kiera

    ReplyDelete