Tuesday, May 8, 2012

owl emotions

Dear Robyn,

here is my antique tile square for you...


these owls crack me up.  the one in the corner is angry and I have to wonder why.  maybe it's because in high school zoology class, I dissected one of the pellets he coughed up to look for mouse bones.  The one in the other corner just looks sleepy.  or mad.  I can't tell.  The little guy on the top left looks really surprised and the one next to him seems like he did something he doesn't want you to know about.  I'll let you make up your own stories about these guys.

enjoy!
em

5 comments:

  1. The angry one in the corner might just be mad because you cut him! I think he wants the rest of his body back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy - I believe you are right. I faintly recall hearing a distressed whimper when I pulled out my rotary cutter (and again when I sewed through his midsection).

      Delete
  2. Just the other day I was thinking about how much Benjamin (my youngest boy) resembles an owl with his big eyes and I thought I should make or buy him something owlish to memorialize it. Great minds! And I love the angry owl. And I love the gray fabric. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whimsy of the owls. Another wonderful square, Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, the distressed whimper part was really funny. I always love the comments on this blog...and your squares!!!!

    ReplyDelete