Monday, October 15, 2012

an oops for mardie

sweet mardie- i wish i could say I am proud of my 12 1/2 by 12 1/2 inch square but I can't.  it measures 12 by 12 1/2 and i could scream.  i am not quite sure what to do at this point.  i don't have any fabric left over that is wide enough to redo any of the columns.  is there any chance you could send me the two fabrics in the right-hand column and i will unpick and redo?  seems like the easiest remedy at this point although if you think of something better i am open to suggestions.  i would need 3 1/2 by 5 of the blue floral and 3 1/2 by 4 1/2 of the leaf print (or whatever you would prefer instead) and i suppose i also need a bigger piece of one of the bottom fabrics- either the cream or red.  again, i really am sorry for the hassle. i was optimistic that it was going to be perfect!

6 comments:

  1. i've been thinking about this- could you just add a strip of the red to one side to get that extra half inch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or a red strip to both the left and right sides if they're supposed to be 1/4" wide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or send it as is and we will add the needed strip. I know mom has scraps. It looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camie! This is gorgeous! I love it. It IS perfect... perfectly gorgeous!

    I am thinking you should just send it and I bet when all is said and done, it will work out. Like Ellizabeth said, if it ends up needing extra, I will add it. I can't just say add an extra red strip because the sashing will be a larger width of the red.

    (Frankly, the first one I made was about 12X12 1/2. I need to figure out how to work that one in too. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mardie- What a relief to hear that your first one was a little off too! : ) I will go ahead and send it to you. Thank you for being understanding!

    ReplyDelete