Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Bottled Rainbow Addiction!

Back when Kristin started her rainbows, I took advantage of a sale at JoAnn's and got a pile of kona solids that have since sat in my stash.

After doing Becca's square, I got excited to start on my own!


I also love these squares because I've been adding a few pieces from my mom's stash-so far each square has a bit of her in it too!
This was my first one. The directions say to baste around the edge of the color to hold down the batting but I found just pinning it worked better for me.
As you can see, I used batting on each square like the original directions from from stitched in color. I thought I'd try it, and I love it!!! I love the dimension it gives to the ticker tape pieces. I still have my doubts about how thick it's going to be at each seam between squares but we'll see.

Right now, I love it! And I cut out pieces for five more last night!

2 comments:

  1. wow! you've been quite busy. they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you didn't keep your rainbows all bottled up. it's not good for you. (very fun!)

    ReplyDelete