Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy August to Me!



So I can't believe how far I've come. In January I remember dreading the first block, no offense Liz. :) I am not a fabulous seamstress and didn't have the passion for fabric that you all amazing quilters have. February was about the same. March and April I started getting the hang of it and actually feeling proud of my finished product. And now it's August and it's my turn and would you know that I actually sought out a fabric store when I was on vacation in North Carolina?! My husband says if my fabric stash starts to resemble my yarn stash, he's going to turn me in to the experts on Hoarders. I say we just need a bigger house. :)

I digress, for my month I chose a quilt similar to Becca's but with a different technique. It's this mosaic-type quilt (although this example is a pillow) and will be draped on the back of our sofa. I will be sending you 2 pieces of fabric: One is the piece that I want you to use in the mosaic as much as you want and coordinate the other pieces with and the other is the home dec fabric I'm using to cover our ottoman and make 2 lumbar pillows for the sofa. You'll see that the color scheme in our living room is icy blue, gray, tan, taupey-brown, and other different shades of blue. And I wouldn't hate it if you threw a bit of bright green in there either; it'd definitely go. Anyways, so the home dec piece will just be tiny to give you more ideas of color scheme but don't want you to use it in the square because it's not the right weight. I want the sashing to be white and the square to be 12"x12". Hope this makes sense! I'll be sending out the fabric tomorrow. Thanks all!

5 comments:

  1. did you get my message on facebook with my new address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so proud of you....I can't wait to start your square! Will you be sending out the tutorial with fabric too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like fun! I'm with Kristin-will there be a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to get rolling again!

    ReplyDelete