Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Emolyn Wilson...my favorite sister!

Oh, my goodness! I have LOVED reading all about everyone! Thanks for sharing.

I am introducing my sister, Emolyn Wilson. Actually, I will let her introduce herself in an email she sent to me:

Dear Mardie,
     As I think back I can hardly remember a time when I wasn't surrounded by fabrics, either my Mothers or my own.  My Mother used to sew almost all my clothes for school and church as well as for herself and my sister Mardie.  I know she sewed stuff for our 3 brothers, but not as much as for us girls.  She used to have a great stash of fabric and my Father put up a sign that said, "She who dies with the most fabric wins!"  I've seen that sign in the homes of other seamstresses as well.  
     I used to sew for my children (3 girls, two boys) until I realized that it was often less expensive to buy off the rack as prices of patterns and fabric climbed . . . .and climbed!  Then I sewed for special events like lots of Prom dresses, vests and cumberbuns and bow-ties for the boys, 3 beaded and pearled wedding dresses, grand-baby blessing outfits, costumes, etc.  (I even made a baby quilt for Mardie's first baby Jacob and darn if someone in her University apartment didn't steal it right off the laundry room line!  You'll have to ask her the story.😢)
     All along the years my stash grew as well and I started thinking about quilts as a way to use the fabric.  I also started ordering quilt books.  I love the feel and look of all sorts of fabrics.  Fabric stores and books stores were my greatest shopping temptations.  Lately I seem to find some nice quilting fabric at garage sales of all places.     
     I look forward to getting to know all of you.  I feel like I already know you a little as I've been stalking your blog for a few years now just to keep an eye on Mardie.  Hers and your quilts have been amazing!  
     This will be "sew" much fun!
Emolyn Wilson


Emolyn, and her husband Gordon, have 5 children and (Oh, this will tax my brain...) 15 grandchildren? (Oh, oh... I hope I am right!) They have served several LDS missions. Bolivia as mission president and Argentina as president of the MTC. She collects Teddy Bears and Nativity sets.

I love her dearly. She is amazing.
Welcome, Emolyn!

(I forgot to ask her for a recent picture... I was going to find an old one to embarrass her, but my photo library is failing me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment