I loved the way this block turned out. Normally, I am a matchy-matchy kind of girl, but all the different sized dots did end up looking pretty good together.
However, I later found some more polka dot fabric in my stash, and ended up making a second one that is more matchy-matchy. If you don't want to use it, I won't be offended, but I just had to see how it would finished. :)
And the reason I didn't get these blocks done in time was that I decided to "quickly" make a quilt for a friend who is moving back to America. Only I had helpers, which always makes it take longer. Because they don't iron it as carefully as I would have, and they didn't notice/care that some of the blocks were not cut the correct size, and sewed everything together anyway, making all the seams not match up. It was a nightmare unpicking everything, sizing up the blocks, and then trying to figure out where in the pattern the block went again. Still, it turned out pretty nice in the end and she was super happy with it, got teary-eyed and everything, which is just the reaction you want from a labor of love, so it was all good in the end. :)