Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Squares Boyardee




Dear Liz,
I am concerned (as I always am when sewing something for someone else) that my capabilities to execute the project successfully are lacking.  However, with your square I am more concerned that this project is going to stink.  Not figuratively, literally.  I started your block a few weeks ago, before my brother and his family came to visit, hoping I'd get it done before their arrival, but that did not happen.  I put all my sewing stuff away to spend quality time with my loved ones and now that they have gone home, I pulled out your block to finish.  When I plugged in my iron, to press all those lovely seams, I noticed an odd aroma.  Not, the smell of ingenuity or success or what have you, but something that smelled like it came from a Chef Boyardee can.  The steam from my iron smells like Spaghettios.  I'm not sure why, as I'm certain I have not filled the water compartment with anything but filtered water from my fridge.
I used some nice smelling starch, but I truly hope you don't put this quilt together and feel like you're wrapping yourself up in a quilt full of over-processed tomato-like sauce.
xo,
Becca



2 comments: