Friday, April 1, 2011

Call for Help!

 I have been working on this Dresden Plate quilt for years.  It was a project I started with the help of my mother-in-law and now, with all the quilting inspiration that is happening on this blog, I feel the push to finish it up.   
I'm almost finished, but I'm stumped on how to finish the centers of the plates.  I first thought to make yo-yos, then switched to simple circles.  Either way, I'm can't decide what kind of fabric to use.  Solid white? Solid color?  Multiple colors?  Print?  What do you think? 
 I'm in serious need of some good advice!  Please help!

5 comments:

  1. I think multiple solid colors would be pretty. Love the backing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am working on a Dresden Plate quilt right now, too. In fact, I am adding one of the borders anytime I can get my butt off the computer. Anyway, I would go with solid colored centers as well. Another print would just make the eye go crazy. I would choose three of your favorite colors from the different spokes, and then alternate them on each row.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i don't know what yo-yo centers are or any of the other things you said, but i think a solid center would look great and finish it off well. great job! looks like TONS of work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. personally, if you have extra of the fabrics in the quilt, i think that would be fun-tie it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would do a navy or red with white polka dots, like the fabric i used on ryli's shades...but you know me, i like bold:)

    ReplyDelete