Thursday, February 3, 2011

February Square: Holly's Instructions

(ghost published by becca since holly is experiencing some blogger technical difficulties)

I would like to do an elephant appliqué quilt. I was thinking it would be really neat if everyone just did their own type of elephant.  You can center it, put it off to the side, it can be a flying elephant, a herd of elephants, or whatever you can come up with.  

The colors I like are lime green, cream, blue, and grey.  But other colors could certainly be thrown in.  There is a line at JoAnn's called Seagrass that works well and another line at Hobby Lobby with the colors that I like.

A 12.5 inch square would be perfect so that once I put all the seams in they will fit perfectly around the center piece I have picked out.



Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!  

-Holly






5 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Is it for baby? That may or may not change how I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i found the elephant I want to do and I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quilt is for her living room, not baby. it's going to be a throw to go over her couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i'll do a reverse applique...if you just google elephant applique you will find tons of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. our ghetto-tastic joann didn't have any of those fabrics so hopefully the fabric i chose will go with the others!

    ReplyDelete