Saturday, November 2, 2013

November: Blue Ribbon Quilt

Vintage prize ribbons have been on my mind for months and I've been pondering and scheming how to incorporate them into a quilt.  This block is sort of a culmination of ideas that have been brewing in the back of my head for a while.  My plan is to eventually get this concept into a pattern that I can sell on my Etsy site, so, I'll be emailing the directions as opposed to publishing them here.  Hope you don't mind being my guinea pigs!

Here's the color palette:
I'm straying from our beloved Kona white and asking you to use unbleached muslin for the block background and fabrics that favor more of an off-white or creamy color as opposed to bright white.  I realize some of my inspiration fabrics have white in them, and that's okay by me if the fabric is just too fantastic not to use!
robbin's egg blue, navy blue, pale blue, gray, red, salmony pink

These are smaller blocks (about 6" x 9"), so if you're inclined to do more than one, let me know-- I have several variations in mind, but I don't have pictures of them yet.  And, if you would like me to send you some unbleached muslin or fabric, I'd be happy to.  I'll be in Little Rock Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week, so I could bring stuff with me if you are in need.

Thanks, my friends!

xo
Becca

1 comment: